Keeping the landscape the same with UPS, FedEx has raised their rates for 2010 effective January 4th.
As listed here: http://www.fedex.com/us/rates2010/surcharges.html: “FedEx Express declared-value charges will increase from $0.65 to $0.70 per $100 of value. For U.S. package services, the charge will apply to shipments valued in excess of $100, and the minimum charge will increase from $1.95 to $2.10…”
Also effective Jan. 4, 2010
- FedEx Express package and freight rates will increase an average of 5.9% for U.S. and U.S. export services. The rate increase will be partially offset by adjusting the fuel price at which the fuel surcharge begins, reducing the fuel surcharge by 2 percentage points.
- FedEx Express U.S. import rates will change.
- FedEx Express U.S. rates to Puerto Rico will change.
- FedEx International Premium® rates will change.
- Preview 2010 FedEx Express rates (PDF FILE).
- There will be changes to FedEx International Priority® and FedEx International Economy® minimum rates.