UPS has announced their 2010 rate changes today, effective January 4th, 2010.
Small package Daily and Retail rates will change as follows:
- UPS Ground service will increase 4.9%.
- UPS Air and International Services will increase a net 4.9% through a combination of a 6.9% increase in the base rate and a 2% reduction in the Air and International Services fuel surcharge.
Also of interest to us are the following:
- The Daily Rate charge for Declared Value will increase $0.05 per $100 of Declared Value with a minimum charge of $2.10.
- The charges for Delivery Confirmation*, Delivery Confirmation – Signature Required and Delivery Confirmation – Adult Signature Required will increase $0.25.
Their new declared value fees are going up another $0.05, mirroring FedEx.
– $0.00-$100.00: $0.00
– $100.01-$50,000.00: $0.70 for each $100.00 (or portion of $100.00) of the total value declared, with a minimum charge of $2.10.
Is there any reason not to insure with Shipsurance?
More details are available here: http://www.ups.com/rates/