UPS has announced their 2011 rate changes today. Like FedEx, these changes will take place on January 3, 2011. UPS Ground services will increase a net 4.9% through a combination of a 5.9% increase in rates and a 1% reduction in the UPS Ground services fuel surcharge. UPS Air and International services will increase a net 4.9% through a combination of a 6.9% increase in rates and a 2% reduction in the UPS Air and International services fuel surcharge.
The declared value fees will also be getting a large bump. Charges will increase from $0.70 to $0.75 per $100 of value. U.S. package services charges will apply to shipments valued in excess of $100, and the minimum charge will increase from $2.10 to $2.25”
As far as Surcharges, Accessorials,and Other Charges go:
- Declared Value will increase $0.05 per $100 to $0.75 per $100 of the value declared, with a minimum charge of $2.25.
- The Address Correction charge for UPS Ground Services will increase $1.00.
- Delivery Area Surcharges will increase $0.15 for commercial addresses, and $0.25 for residential addresses.
- The charges for Delivery Confirmation Signature Required and Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required will increase $0.25.
- The Residential Surcharge for UPS Ground and UPS Air Services will increase $0.25
Once again, Shipsurance is not raising our shipping insurance for UPS shipments with the new year, so even more savings will be realized!