Starting July 28, the USPS will provide Domestic Priority Mail shipments with free insurance coverage. Most domestic Priority Mail shipments will include up to $50 or $100 of insurance based on the payment method used. If you’re using a stamp or meter to add postage to your package, you’ll need to bring your package to the Post Office to receive the automatic insurance.
This brings the Priority Mail service in-line with what UPS and FedEx offers.
How will this affect Shipsurance Customers?
We will not make any changes to the full, all-risk coverage that we currently offer. We will continue to cover the entire amount of Priority Mail shipments (plus shipping) for our customers. You will be able to file claims online with us for your packages and not bother with the USPS claims process. Your recipients will not need to bring damaged items to the post office and you will not need to speak to multiple claims representatives to process a simple $1-$100 claim. Most claims are processed and paid within 5 days and we can now pay your claims via PayPal, if you choose (no fees to you).
A recap of some of the benefits of insuring your shipments with Shipsurance:
- No need to stand in line at the Post Office.
- Low coverage rates for loss, damage, or shortage.
- Shipping costs can be covered.
- Fully online claims process.
- No need to bring damaged merchandise to the Post Office.
- Personal claims representative for all your shipping related claims.
- Integrated with most shipping systems.
- Claims can be settled via check or PayPal for faster reimbursement.