FedEx has announced their 2015 rate changes. The changes will take place on January 5, 2015.
Almost all modes of FedEx transit will have a rate increase in the new year. Of specific interest to our current and prospective customers, this includes their declared value charges.
This means that if you declare a $200.00 value on 100 packages, this would cost you $2.90. With Shipsurance, you could pay less than $0.20* for broader coverage. 1000 packages could save you $5000*.
Other FedEx Rate Changes for 2015:
- FedEx Express will increase shipping rates by an average of 4.9% for U.S. domestic shipments.
- FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery will increase shipping rates by an average of 4.9%.
- FedEx Ground will begin applying dimensional weight pricing to all shipments.
As far as surcharges and fees go:
- FedEx Ground & Express – The charge for Direct Signature Required increased from $3.75 per package to $4.00 per package
- FedEx Ground & Express – The charge for Indirect Signature Required increased from $3.00 per package to $3.50 per package
For a complete list of rate changes, visit: http://www.fedex.com/us/2015rates
Remember, you can offset these costs by insuring your packages with Shipsurance. Our rates have not risen and you can save more than 90% off of the FedEx rates.
*These are sample rates based on volume. You must have an active Shipsurance coverage certificate to secure these rates. Request a quote now!