An article by shipsurance 2 Comments
Labeling Tips for Risk Management
In addition to modifying the ship-to address, there are other tips that will assist your packages from getting from point A to point B.
- Include the suite, apartment, or floor number in the address.
- Add the recipients phone number to the label.
- Do not add words to the label that allude to the contents. Common mistakes include: Computer, Phone, Gold, Diamond, Necklace, Dell, Rolex, etc. You do not want any one handling the package to know what is contained.
- Use computer printed waybills; not handwritten waybills.
- If the label is hard to read, there is an increased chance of nondelivery.
- Mask the origin address to avoid package theft.
- If your ship-from address name is a well known company, try using acronyms.