FedEx has announced their 2013 rate changes. The changes will take place on January 7, 2013.
If you needed another reason to insure your shipments with Shipsurance, here is one:
Other FedEx Rate Changes for 2013:
- Rates increased an average of 5.9%. The rate increase was partially offset by adjusting the fuel price at which the fuel surcharge begins, reducing the fuel surcharge by 2%.
- FedEx Express U.S. package services Address Correction fees will increase from $11.00 per correction to $12.00 per correction.
- Delivery Area Surcharge - The surcharge for commercial and extended commercial shipments increased from $2.00 per package to $2.15 per package.
- The surcharge for extended residential shipments will increase from $3.25 per package to $3.50 per package.
- FedEx Express – The charge for Indirect Signature Required increased from $2.00 per package to $2.25 per package
- Residential Delivery Charges for FedEx Express U.S. package services will increase from $3 per package to $3.20 per package.
For a complete list of rate changes, visit: http://www.fedex.com/us/2013rates/rate-changes.html
Remember, you can offset these costs by insuring your packages with Shipsurance. Our rates have not risen and you can save up to 90% off of the FedEx rates.